Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Wednesday Blog: Week Six

In my search for connections to my topic in places other than in the books I am reading I came across the movie Blackfish. I haven’t watched this movie yet but I plan on watching it tonight. This movie is about Tilikum, a captive killer whale that has taken the lives of several people, underscores problems within the sea-park industry, man's relationship to nature, and how little has been learned about these highly intelligent mammals (wikipedia.org).  Here is the trailer to the movie.

5 comments:

  1. I have heard about this movie being very good, and shedding a light on the problems with this industry. I just recently saw an add about elephants being forced to do underwater tricks in front of crowds, this could be a multimedia aspect for your next quickburst.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow really? that is concerning considering elephants are not supposed to get fully submerged because their large ears fill with water creating a very large potential for ear infections...

      Delete
  2. Jess, I watched that movie a couple years ago and it was pretty good, I think it will fit with your topic well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The movie was very facinating. I learned a lot about what goes on behind closed doors in facilities like these. This movie showed me the other side of the issue, entertainment where as before I was focused on the comercial side of things

    ReplyDelete