Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Quarter One Plan

Topic Selection

The topic I have chosen to focus on in all of my readings this quarter is animal rights and the mistreatment of animals. Growing up I always wanted to be a veterinarian because of my fondness for animals. Although my passions have changed my love for animals has been unwavering throughout the years. Animal cruelty and animal rights are a few things that I feel compelled to learn more about. Mainly I am interested in finding out about more of the things that actually take place behind closed doors. 

Essential Questions

  • What are animal rights?
  • What rights should an animal have?
  • What is the difference between animal rights and animal welfare?
  • Is the animal welfare act enough?
  • Are there any alternatives to animal testing?

Books for Quarter One

  • Monkey Business by Kathy Snow Guillermo (254 pages)
Source: Goodreads.com


Reading Timeline:

September 10-16: Monkey Business (1-106)
September 17-22: Monkey Buisness (107-240)
September 23-29: Animal Scam by Kathleen Marquardt (1-100)
September 30- October 6: Animal Scam by Kathleen Marquardt(100-221)
October 7-13: Rattling the Cage by Steven M. Wise  (1-130)
October 14-20: Rattling the Cage by Steven M. Wise  (130-250)
October 21-27: Rattling the Cage by Steven M. Wise (250-384)
October 28- November 2: Animal Rights: Opposing Viewpoints by Janelle Rohr (1-253)

1 comment:

  1. I bet this topic will be pretty upsetting at times. I hope you learn a lot that is valuable, though.

    ReplyDelete